Just a few pics of my latest piece. It’s Murphy’s diaper. I wove one repeat of the patter….sort of. Here’s what I did. I used a tabby. For every tabby shot, I wove two with a tabby in between. The first patter shot was in red, and the second was in fuschia. It made the pattern x2 as long as it would have been if I had woven it traditionally. Then I choose 2 blocks that didn’t have long floats and alternated them throughout the length of the piece using tabby shots in between. at first I used 2 tabby shots, then I used 3, then 4 until I reached the center of the piece, then I reduced in the same manner. I love the piece. I love it’s complexity and it’s simplicity.
I’m attaching a couple of pics, hoping you can see the color differences, and what i did.
Some of my finished work3 04 2008