A springy addition to my Toika tapestry loom

22 04 2017

Oh my, I haven’t posted here in a year or two. One our the readers has posted a comment requesting pictures of the spring “attachment” that I did on my Toika to hold the beater off the fell of cloth for easier weaving. I’m attaching those pictures here, hoping they will help more than just one person.

I also want to mention that several years ago, a weaver asked me what modification i did to my Lillstina to make it accept texsolve heddles. Sadly, I just never got around to responding. I’d like to remedy that right now. The Texsolve heddles were just about 1/8″ too small for the Lillstina loom. The harnesses on that loom are just two battens (for lack of a better word) that are held apart by metal rods at each end. The rods insert into drilled holes on each end at the top and the bottom. I simply took my Dremel tool and drilled 1/16″ deeper into each hole. That allowed the heddles to gently slide onto the harness, and yet it was such a small depth to increase the holes that it didn’t drill through, rendering the batten useless. It’s proven to be a great fix through the years.